Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chocolate Sorbet


When I was growing up my grandmother made this dessert faithfully every summer. She called it chocolate snowball, which only people from Baltimore can truly understand, so I renamed it for the purpose of making it appeal to the masses. Because it should. It's easy to make, requires only two ingredients, and is FAT FREE. That's right, a fat free chocolate dessert. Here's how to make it:

1 can of Hershey's syrup (the regular is fat free, but I use light anyway)
2 cans of skim milk (use the can from the syrup)

*If you can't find cans of chocolate syrup just use a 1 cup measuring cup.

My Aunt Chotts makes this using a can of water and a can of milk for even less calories.

Step 1:Mix the syrup and the milk together in a shallow, freezer safe dish. I use my 9x9 cake pan.

Step 2: Freeze it until it's, well, frozen. This part takes several hours so I do it the night before

Step 3: Scrape the frozen chocolate out of the pan and into a cute cup.

My grandmother loved to serve it with vanilla ice cream. However, if you choose to do that (and who could blame you-it's delicious) it will no longer be a fat-free dessert.

Who doesn't love chocolate you don't have to feel guilty about eating?

1 comment: